What to look for when buying a new phone case
A phone case is an important purchase. Whether you’re looking to express your personality, increase your phone’s function, or give your phone some extra protection, it is essential to do some research. Make sure you set your budget first. There are great phone cases out there for every financial situation. You just need to look for them.
First, you want to consider the needs of your phone. Not every phone is the same, which is why we’ve included options for three popular smartphones: the iPhone X, the Galaxy S9, and the Galaxy Note 8. Continue reading if you want to know the characteristics you may need to look for in a case, as well as some suggestions for your budget.
Looking for Protection
Every phone needs some level of protection. Whether you just want to protect your phone from scratches or intense falls, consider getting a case that serves this function. Each type of phone has its own needs, depending on its features. For example, iPhone 7 cases may need to be waterproof. A Galaxy S9 case doesn’t need that feature because it's already built into the phone. Consider one of these options for your new phone case.
- iPhone X OtterBox Defender Series $49.95
- iPhone X LifeProof Next $79.99
- iPhone X Military Grade Drop Tested Storm Tank $19.99
If you’re looking for protection without the bulk, there are other options. These phone cases don’t provide as much support, but they can definitely help keep your phone safe.
- iPhone X OtterBox Strada Series $31.68
- Galaxy S9 Spigen Hybrid Armor Case $14.99
Galaxy S9 Aces Wireless Astronoot Case $19.99
Looking for Function
It’s always great when your phone case can add an extra function to your device. Wouldn’t it be great if your Samsung Galaxy S6 or S7 phone case was also your wallet? That would really cut down on pocket bulk. Another example would be your iPhone 8 phone case having a built-in kickstand. It’s a great way to watch videos hands-free without all the fuss. There is really no limit to the amazing functions a cell phone case can have, so keep reading for some suggestions.
- Galaxy S9 Plus Advanced Armour Ring Case $19.99
- Galaxy S9 Area Kickstand Wallet Case $28.99
- Galaxy Note 8 Bumper Ring Holder Case $34.99
- Galaxy S9 Yokirin Wallet Case $16.99
- Galaxy Note 8 Akhvrs Leather Wallet Case $22.99
- Galaxy Note 8 TUFF magnetic kickstand hybrid $19.99
While these functions are great, you may also need your Note 8 phone case to provide protection. Well, there are some great options out there that provide both function and protection.
- iPhone X ESR Kickstand Case $29.99
- Galaxy S9 Spigen Tough Armor Kickstand Case $16.99
- iPhone X Brushed Wallet Case $19.99
Looking for Fashion
Fashionable phone cases are a great way to make your phone stand out from the crowd. With limited customization options in store, a cell phone case is just what you need to be unique. They have varying degrees of functionality and protection and are primarily intended to be fashion-forward.
- iPhone X New York Wrap Kate Spade Case $29.96
- Galaxy S9 Zuslab Marble Phone Case $19.99
- iPhone X Luolnh Flower Phone Case $19.99
- Galaxy S9 Spigen Liquid Crystal Case $12.99
- Galaxy Note 8 Charlotte Stripe Kate Spade Case $46.25
- iPhone X Genuine Leather Wallet Cover Case $34.99
Jack of all trades
Now, you may be searching for a cell phone case that ticks off all three boxes. I’m here to tell you that they do exist. You probably won’t get 100% of each characteristic you’re looking for; however, these next phone cases can give you a little bit of everything.
- iPhone X Dream Wallet Case $35.00
- Galaxy S9 TUFF Hybrid case $19.99
- Galaxy Note 8 WWW Mirror Series Case $18.99